Tuesday 2 August 2011

Sticky Buns

Annabel's Sticky Buns were fun to make.  I really enjoyed making the dough from scratch, waiting the hour for it to rise, the smell of the risen dough is so beautiful and its' so exciting to see it double in size.  This was a really easy recipe, nothing fancy but really delicious.  The kids are going to have them in their lunchboxes for the week, it will be interesting to see how they taste after being in the Tupperware for a few days, I imagine they won't be as nice as they were straight from the oven!  Annabel suggests that you divide the dough in half and freeze one lot.  I chose to use both halves which made about 40 buns (they aren't very big), the first lot I put in a baking tray lined with baking paper and they were probably spaced out a bit much, the second lot I put in two round cake tins and I thought they came out of the oven looking much nicer. They were a bit hit with the family!








The first batch I basted with a sugar and water syrup which gave the buns a lovely gloss.  By the time I was ready to baste the second lot, the syrup has gone a little bit crystallised but I used it anyway and this gave quite a nice crunchy coating which looked a bit more rustic and tasted just as good!  Highly recommend this recipe if you have the time.  Catherine







No comments:

Post a Comment