Saturday 20 August 2011

Chilli Jam (First Try!)

Ok, so in my into to this Blog I said there would be some successes and perhaps some failures too - this isn't really a failure as it still tastes delicious, but it's just not quite right.  I'm going to have another go of this recipe as I think I cooked it a bit long so the finished product is quite dark in colour and is very thick and not easy to get out of the jar.  Having said that, the flavour is amazing!  The ginger and lime is really strong and the chilli certainly gives is a big kick and the after taste leaves a beautiful Thai feel in your mouth.  We've used it on quite a few things, including Annabel's Lamb, Rosemary and Apple Sausage Rolls and we even added it as a condiment to Will's special "2 Minute Noodle Pancakes" (have promised to post them on my Blog, so apologies to Annabel in advance!).  Anyway, the chilli jam is good but I reckon next time it will be phenomenal!  The sensational ingredients include garlic, chillies, ginger, kaffir limes leaves, sugar, lime zest, rice vinegar, fish sauce and soy sauce.  See how if might have a lovely Thai feel?!  I am looking forward to having another go at this one soon.  Catherine





2 comments:

  1. We want the 2-minute noodle pancakes recipe please. Would be nice to Daniel to eat 2-minute noodles in another way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the chilli jam on Sunday .. it's turned out more like thai sweet chilli sauce that you buy, rather than jam, but still a good result.
    Think i left mine on too long too, it also turned a dark colour, and all the seeds just float to the top. But guess that's normal.
    I was so proud, using my own chilli's from the garden, this was my first ever jam. Looking forward to using as a chicken marinade.
    Love this book, makes me feel like a pro.
    This is my fourth recipe I've tried from Annabel's book.

    ReplyDelete