Wednesday 31 August 2011

Lamb, Rosemary and Apple Sausage Rolls

My little patch of herbs growing under an
olive tree growing in a wine barrel
Lots of delicious ingredients in these Sausage Rolls.  I used mince lamb (400g) and mince beef (250g) as the combination of meats and with the fresh herbs (mostly from my little herb plot!), fruit chutney and grated apple it was a real winner with the family.  I made quite big sausage rolls and we had them for dinner with vegies.

In her book Annabel suggests using the base mixture of meat, apple, egg and onion and then making a Greek version by adding olives, garlic, rosemary and feta.  Or an Italian option with sundried tomatoes and basil.  That is a real "split screen" moment Annabel - LOVE IT!  The sausage rolls I made were delicious and with the Chilli Jam I made a couple of weeks back on the side even better!  Catherine


1 comment:

  1. I really want to try these... I'm feeling inspired. Hope you all have a lovely night tonight. So sad I can't be there too. Please take lots of photos! Kaz.

    ReplyDelete