Sunday 31 July 2011

Annabel (and Robyn's) Ultimate Chocolate Cake

Okay, maybe this blog should have been called "OUR" Journey with Annabel!  Here is Annabel's Ultimate Chocolate Cake made by my gorgeous friend Robyn!  It looks amazing and those who were lucky enough to try it said it taste as amazing as it looked!  Hopefully Robyn will post a comment on how she found the recipe was to make and then we can know if there was anything tricky that she came across.  The ingredients are quite simple; SR Flour, sugar, vanilla extract, cocoa, baking soda, butter, milk (or yogurt  - which did you use Rob?), eggs and coffee.  The topping is Annabel's beautiful Chocolate Ganache which I am looking forward to making. 
This weekend I made Annabel's Sticky Buns for the kid's school lunchboxes.  They were a hit in the house - even took some up to Grandma and Grandpa for afternoon tea yesterday!  Grandma commented (more than once!) that they were lovely and "very professional", she thought they'd retail for at least a couple of dollars in a shop!  I'll post more photos of how the Sticky Buns went once everyone has had a good chance to digest Robyn's magnificant chocolate cake!
Catherine

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic photography Robyn, very impressed! And the Sticky Buns look amazing. I'm waiting until my diet is over before I try them... suspect I would eat far too many of them.
    My contribution this week is the Chocolate Cherry Tiramisu. I'm sorry I didn't take any photos, but did take it along for dinner at a friend's on Saturday and it was enjoyed immensely. Richard was a bit miffed that I left the bowl there with leftovers! (I think that's the host's privilege to get the leftovers to scoff the next day!) I used a jar of cherries instead of fresh ones and frozen raspberries to make the berry syrup. Was divine. Yes, I did try some, even though my diet forbids it (maybe that's why it tasted so good, it's been a while since sugar has passed my lips!)
    I used Annabel's Ultimate Chocolate Cake recipe for the chocolate cake... super easy to make. Will definitely do it again. Seemed a shame to chop it up and and cover it in berry syrup and mascapone but the results were worth it. And, the chocolate cake recipe is enough to make 2 cakes and I only ended up using 3/4 of one cake. Kids were very happy about that! A bit of mix between a trifle and a traditional tiramisu. As Annabel would say, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sticky buns were one of the first things that I had ever seen Annabel make on TV and since then I have become a true fan. Cath yours look just as good !!!
    Loving the blog , so beautiful ! I am not a big chocolate cake girl but Robyn's was magnificent. Karen , I am having friends for dinner on Friday and think I will give this one a go.
    Thanks again Catherine for your truly inspiring blog xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake was really easy - I used buttermilk not milk/yoghurt - you all know I'm a bit of a fan of buttermilk! I made two batches of the recipe -one for 28cm cake tin and another for almost 3 doz cupcakes, the last of which was eaten 4 days later, still lovely and moist. Half quantity of ganache was plenty for top and sides of cake, full quantity of cupcake icing was about right. A real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! And lovely pics/presentation!

    Seeing as we have to put up with your husband all day... can you at least make us some of those sticky buns?? They look so good.

    And we love the dog pic!

    Mim (Hilda's Rgistrar)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way ... that was from Susan too

    ReplyDelete