Friday 22 July 2011

Getting from there......to here!

Annabel Langbein was introduced to me by friends who gave me her book, "The Free Rage Cook" for my birthday.  I had only seen her show on TV once but was impressed with how she lived and fell in love with her garden and produce.  
On a recent girls weekend away, relaxing without the hubbies and kids, we watching the movie Julie and Julia.  Although I missed some of it (very tired after a long week at work!) I got the general idea of the story and even though it won't go in the "Top 5" of my most favourite movies, the bits I saw, I enjoyed!


As well as Julie and Julia we were treated to the viewing pleasure of the entire series of "The Free Range Cook" on DVD.  It was perfect, wonderful friends sitting around the fire in beautiful Fish Creek, surrounded by the majestic rolling hills of the dairy country in South Gippsland, glass or two of bubbles, a few nibbles with us oohing and ah-hing over what Annabel created.  The recipes I had flicked through in the book in prior weeks seemed to come to life and I felt inspired to slowly make my way through the book, having a go at all the recipes just as Julie had done with Julia's!

As a busy working Mum with 3 gorgeous kids, I thought it unrealistic to give myself a time frame to get through Annabel's recipes.  Instead I will do my best to make everything in the book, White Bait Fritters and all!  So I invite you to take the journey with me.  There will be successes and probably some failures but I expect this journey to be one that is both satisfying and fulfilling in more ways than one.  I will learn a lot on the way and plan on sharing the fruits of my labour with treasured family and beautiful fiends, I will log my travels to all those who choose to follow my blog.  
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment