Saturday 16 March 2013

Flourless Chocolate Cake


 I am still coming down from cloud nine after my amazing lunch with Annabel last week and have loved telling all my friends and family how special I felt having had that experience.  We were all given a special bag of goodies at the lunch which was such an unexpected surprise!  In my bag amongst other thinks was 2 blocks of Whittakers 72% Cocoa dark Ghana chocolate - oh my goodness!  Just the smell of that rich chocolate when you open the packet is just to die for!  So of course I felt I had to use the chocolate in an Annabel recipe!   I decided to make the Flourless Chocolate Cake to take to our gorgeous friends' Laurie and Rhonda's spit roast dinner.


The recipe, like most of Annabel's, was very easy and quick to make.  Melting the chocolate with sugar,  butter, coffee and brandy over a pot of simmering water then whisking egg whites to add later with the ground almonds.  The whole recipe only took 15 minutes to throw together and then after 50 minutes cooking time, the kitchen was filled with that rich chocolaty smell - yum!

The end result was an incredibly rich, moist cake which I served with a bit of shaved chocolate on the top and some double thick cream.  My cake didn't seem as high as Annabel's but I did use a slightly bigger spring form tin and wondered if I worked the mixture a bit too much when folding in the egg white.  Nevertheless it was still delicious and the kids were wrapped that I was able to bring some home after the dinner!

Thanks to Laurie and Rhonda for a memorable night of fun, great food and awesome friendship!

Catherine







No comments:

Post a Comment