Sunday 9 September 2012

Barbecued Lamb with Spicy Rub

Thanks to my wonderful friends who gently remind me "that it's been a while since we've had an addition to the Annabel Blog", here is the next recipe with my apologies that it's been so long! 
It has been an exciting week with the purchase of Annabel's latest book, Simple Pleasures which is such a pleasure to read!  I am thinking that with my collection now grown to three of Annabel's books, I am going to have to blog more and more of the latest recipes as I hate being confined to just one book!  So at this rate, to get every recipe, in all 3 books made, I'll still be blogging in the year 2102 (only 90 years away!) - what a wonderful thought!

Spicy Rub is easy to make and so full of flavour, my mouth was watering as I was making it.  I used long red chillies but if you wanted to add the smaller ones for extra heat that would be just as good - depends on what you like.
As with most of Annabel's gorgeous recipes, they are so versatile! Once made, this rub can be used as the base for a salad dressing or added to yoghurt to make a spicy dipping sauce - Yum!






My butcher de-boned a nice big leg of lamb for me and I added the spicy rub and left it in the fridge for a couple of hours.  Unlike in Annabel's book, I didn't have a perfectly shaped stone to weigh my meat down on the barbecue so as suggested by Annabel, I wrapped a brick in foil and it did the job!

Fifteen minutes on each side the the meat was cooked to perfection!  Lovely and pink in the middle with the taste of lemon, cumin and ginger seeping through.  Delicious!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment