Wednesday 18 January 2012

Roasted Beet & Rocket Salad

Think I may have found my favourite Annabel salad!  This was SO easy to make and really delicious.  No many ingredients but the combination of the caramelised beetroot, the creamy feta and crunchy almonds is awesome.

This is especially yummy as the beetroot is from Mum and Dad's veggie garden at Fish Creek!  The beetroot was slowly roasted after being mixed through with olive oil, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper.


 I used really lovely feta that I bought from a local deli that was marinated with some preserved lemon.  The feta was so smooth and creamy and with the hint if lemon, went so well with the lemon and olive oil that made up the dressing.  I took this salad to a Christmas BBQ and could have sat down and eaten the whole bowl on my own!  Will definitely make this one again!







1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious Catherine . Will definately try this one xx

    ReplyDelete